ü Generally, when a client consults for career counselling, four challenges usually arise:
|Counselor should be prepared mentally before the clients tells their problems.|
Steps of the Process
- Gather the maximum amount ofinformation about the client, mainly by means of testing.
- Organize the information in order to give meaning and coherence to the data collected.
- Based on the data, elaborate a hypothesis that can explain the problematic.
- Establish the rate of success of the counselling process.
- Present the possibilities to the client and their probability of success.
- Be sure to follow-up.
- The evaluation plays an important role in the trait-and-theory:
- It requires specialized training in testing.
- It is important to select the right instrument.
- It is important to involve the client in the process, and to avoid imposing solutions.
Source: Faculty of Education, Additional Qualifications, Module 02,Part 01 by André Samson Ph.D., c.o. (PPT)